Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Social Commentary

Taken 11/27/11
Nikon D7000
Nikkor 18-105mm 3.5-5.6
f/11
1/125
ISO 400
Focal Length: 50mm
No tripod

When first assigned the project, I had a clue of what it was that I wanted to capture. But the idea soon changed because many of the ideas just seemed like everyone was doing them. There is homelessness, abuse and a bunch of others. The idea that I went with, I’ll admit, is alright, but I just wanted to go for something different.
The goal that I was trying to achieve in this photo is kind of shown in the signs that are still in color. They are a group of fast food restaurants that are on Grand. I made the rest of the picture in black and white, and the signs in color to help them stand out more and to get the point across of what it is that I’m trying to capture. Although it’s not out in the open of what I’m trying to get, I’m trying to capture how unhealthy our society has come to and in a way, obesity. I think that it kind of looks bad what you just have a huge grouping of fast foods restaurants in one place. They’re all easily accessible and walking distance within another. Being that their drive thru’s adds to the lazyness to.
I personally think that something should be done about that. I don’t mean completely wiping out fast food restaurants either, because we all know that that would never happen. But, I mean, maybe limiting the amount of fast food restaurants or taxing  the food or something. Obesity and other complications from fast food are continuing to grow and just getting worse.
The process that I did for this photo was that I just went out by Arby’s and took a few photos while trying to get as many sign in as I can. I had to have the ISO high because it was in the evening and light was slowly going away. The aperture is what it is because I was trying to focus all them in.


No comments:

Post a Comment